Special ministries is an ecumenical charity on behalf of people living with disAbilities in the Livingston County, Michigan area. Next year will be a 40th year anniversary celebration. Program activities are provided year round, averaging 10 activities per month.
- Educational classes include: computers, cooking/nutrition, money management, travel club, etc.
- Spiritual opportunities include: retreats, bible camps, faith classes, visiting churches for services and meals/fellowship, etc.
- Sports classes include: a popular joy walking club, bike riding group, nature hiking, and the ever popular and core programs that have been around since the group's beginning - bowling, swimming and softball. Softball includes games with community groups followed by meals.
- Transportation is the key. We offer it to anyone and to all activities since most of the 225 participants served don't drive. We receive grant money reimbursed from M.D.O.T. to supplement this effort/expense.
- We are a proud Livingston County United Way partner agency that has believed in us and increased allocations over the years to support our growth.
- The agency receives financial and in-kind support from many organizations and individual donors. Fundraising is an important effort and we are currently collaborating on a golf fundraiser with the Arc of Livingston.
Diane Mosey, Executive Director
Web: Special Ministries